One of many high methods your Android telephone can monitor you is by following your location. While you’re signed in to your Google account and have Location Historical past turned on, Google can maintain tabs on each place you go to (by way of Google). This may be useful in some methods as it may possibly give you personalised maps, provide you with real-time visitors updates, and assist you to discover your telephone.
Nonetheless, if you do not need the tech large following you in all places you go, you possibly can decide to show Location Historical past off. This is tips on how to do it:
- Launch your Settings app.
- Open Google.
- Faucet on “Handle your Google Account.”
- Go to the “Date & privateness” tab.
- Beneath Historical past settings, choose Location Historical past.
- Faucet the “Flip off” button.
- Within the dialog field, faucet on Pause.
You may also select to delete your Location Historical past. Nonetheless, you possibly can solely delete information older than three, 18, or 36 months. This is what it is advisable to do to arrange automated deletion (by way of Google):
- Open your Google Maps app.
- Faucet your profile icon.
- Choose Your Timeline.
- On the top-right nook of the display, faucet on the Extra icon (three vertical dots).
- Choose “Settings and privateness” from the menu.
- Beneath “Location settings,” select “Mechanically delete Location Historical past.”
- Choose “Auto-delete exercise older than.”
- From the drop-down menu, select both three, 18, or 36.
- Faucet Subsequent.
- Choose Affirm.
- Faucet on the “Acquired it” button to exit.
Transferring ahead, all of your information older than the months you have specified will robotically be deleted out of your account.