We’ve created this Surfshark FAQ information for anyone who’s ever questioned what precisely this VPN does, and the way it’s any completely different to the numerous different VPN companies on the market.
Down beneath, you’ll discover ten of probably the most ceaselessly requested questions on Surfshark with clear, straight-to-the-point solutions to all of them. VPN companies can appear daunting and complicated at first, however this could assist to shine a lightweight onto all the things that makes Surfshark VPN distinctive.
Surfshark VPN FAQs:
Is Surfshark VPN trusted?
Sure, Surfshark is a trusted and dependable VPN. With a no-logs coverage in place, you can relaxation assured that it isn’t holding any tabs in your actions, or promoting your information. It stays a well-liked alternative amongst web customers attributable to being one of many finest VPN companies at the moment accessible.
The place is Surfshark VPN based mostly?
Is Surfshark VPN higher than NordVPN?
Surfshark is definitely a subsidiary of Nord, however the two provide distinct companies which have distinctive strengths and weaknesses in comparison towards each other. Listed here are some key factors of comparability:
- NordVPN has 5,308 servers, whereas Surfshark has round 3,200.
- NordVPN’s servers span 60 nations, whereas Surfshark’s span 65 nations.
- NordVPN lets you have as much as six simultaneous connections, whereas Surfshark permits a limiteless variety of connections.
- Surfshark provides a 7-day VPN free trial, whereas NordVPN has no free trial.
- Surfshark’s most cost-effective worth plan works out as $2.30 USD / £1.99 GBP monthly, whereas NordVPN’s most cost-effective worth plan works out as $3.69 USD / £2.89 GBP monthly.
- Each suppliers use the WireGuard, OpenVPN, and IKEv2/IPsec protocols.
- Each suppliers have a 30-day money-back assure.
Opinions on which is ‘higher’ will fluctuate relying in your wants. In order for you the supplier with probably the most VPN servers, then NordVPN is the way in which to go, however when you want a low-cost VPN, then Surfshark might be higher for you.
Is Surfshark VPN free to make use of?
Sure – however just for seven days as a free trial. As soon as this era is over, you’ll have to select one of many following fee plans with a purpose to preserve utilizing its companies.
- One month of Surfshark VPN, it can value $12.95 USD / £10.69 GBP.
- One yr of Surfshark VPN, it can value $59.76 USD / £52.76 GBP, or $3.99 USD / £3.29 GBP monthly.
- Two years of Surfshark VPN, it can value $59.76 USD / £50.16 GBP, or $2.49 USD/£2.09 GBP monthly (though, that is just for the primary yr, afterwards, you can be billed yearly)
Is Surfshark VPN unlawful?
The reply to this query will fluctuate relying on the place on the planet you reside. Within the US or the UK, it’s utterly authorized to make use of Surfshark or another VPN (regardless of widespread misconceptions). Nevertheless, when you’re studying this from one other area, it is going to be value checking your native legal guidelines.
Does Surfshark VPN work with Netflix?
Sure, it does. It’s an excellent Netlfix VPN. If you’re utilizing it and discover you can’t entry Netflix, the probabilities are that the actual server you are attempting to attach via has been blocked by Netflix. In cases like this, you’ll simply want to change over to a different server till you discover one which hasn’t been blocked (which shouldn’t take lengthy).
Can web sites inform in case you are utilizing Surfshark VPN?
Sure, they’ll. Nevertheless, this gained’t be the case for each web site. Whereas a few of them can have recognized VPN IP addresses and blocked them as a result of they don’t need you to entry their websites with a VPN on (for no matter purpose), a lot of them is not going to. Certainly, even when you discover a web site that does know what you’re doing, switching servers ought to often be sufficient to get in and conceal the very fact.
What number of units can you employ with Surfshark VPN?
When was Surfshark VPN launched?
What’s Surfshark VPN kill swap?
Surfshark makes use of a kill swap which severs your web connection within the occasion that the VPN drops even for a second. What this implies is that you just don’t want to fret about any of your non-public information slipping out into the palms of your web companies supplier throughout a momentary VPN blip.